Come in and meet Honor Smith and help us welcome her to the team. She is in the library Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10-3:45 and Saturday 10-12.
Happy New Year!
It’s been a cold winter so far, but it is nice and toasty at the library. Remember we always have a book sale downstairs with new books for sale almost every week, so don’t let the snow and cold keep you away. And don’t forget Mother Goose Time with Lizabeth on Tuesdays!! We’d love to see you!
The Maine Event Prom Project
The Bridgton Public Library is a donation center for the Maine Event Prom Project. Got good stuff. Lets give these teens a day they will never forget.
Mother Goose Time with Lizabeth
Mother Goose Time is a weekly theme-based, interactive learning program that includes songs, stories, finger plays, and felt board fun. The program is designed for children one to four years old. However, everyone is welcome.
Topics for January:
Jan. 14th- Teddy Bears/Winnie the Pooh: Bring your favorite teddy bear with you and join us in “The Hundred Acre Woods” as we celebrate author A.A. Milne. Winnie the Pooh and friends will be there too. A very special bear from way up north will also make an appearance.
Jan. 21st- Hats: We’re having an “International Hat Day Party”! Come learn about the different kinds of hats and try them on too! If you have a special hat of your own, wear it and show it to us.
Jan. 28th- Chinese New Year: People in China celebrate the year by honoring a different animal each year. This year is the “Year of the Horse”! Find out more about this unique holiday and horses too. There may be a surprise also.
This year on a monthly basis I would like to observe a different children’s author. A.A. Milne, author of “Winnie the Pooh” is the first. Stay on the lookout for future authors to come.
We had some good times this October with Mother Goose but November is here. Below you can find some event information for November and remember you can always subscribe to our blog. Just enter your email and click submit. You will get notifications delivered to your email.
Fun times with lots of games
November Mother Goose Time
Mother Goose time is a weekly theme-based, interactive, learning program that includes songs, stories, fingerplays, felt board fun and crafts. The program is designed for children one to four years old. However, anyone who is interested is welcome. Join us on Tuesdays from 10:30- 11:30 a.m.
Topics for November:
Nov.5th –Miss Lizabeth’s B-Party: You’re all invited to a birthday celebration! You’ll have the opportunity to vote for your favorite Sesame Street character too! Put your party hats on, have some goodies and enjoy the fun!
Nov.12th -National Young Reader’s Week: “Froggy”, “Clifford the Big Red Dog”, and “Max the Bunny” will visit us today as we honor their stories. What books do you like best? Read them this week.
Nov.19th- Kindness, Caring and Sharing: The season of giving is drawing near, but being nice to others is something we should do all year long. When we’re friendly to people, most likely they will be pleasant to us. Do something nice for someone today!
Nov.26th- Thanksgiving: Feasting time is almost here! Join us as we travel aboard the “Mayflower” to attend the 1st Thanksgiving. Turkeys, pilgrims and indians will be present at this gathering. Come see a real pilgrim costume too!
Remember to check out our calendar for more events this November!
After many years of hard work, time and money, The Bridgton Public Library is proud to present you with our very own digital archives. The archives have the Bridgton Weekly News from 1870-2011, all meticulously scanned into PDFs for you to view and print. You can find our archives in the side widget button or under digital services. For now, just click here and have fun!
To navigate each page, use the arrow key in the top right hand corner, circled in red.
Additional help can be found on the archive site, but for your convenience we’ve put it here for you.
Building a Great Search
The easiest way to search is to simply type what you are searching for in the basic search box.
- You can enclose your search in double quote marks to indicate that your terms are part of a phrase.
- i.e. Searching for “Lincoln gives speech” would only search for pages which contain those words in that order, and not pages which contain those words in a different order, such as: ‘…gives a speech. Lincoln is a great…’
- You can use the all-capital term OR to indicate that you want results which contain at least one of the words you are searching for
- Abraham OR Lincoln will return any page with either Abraham or Lincoln
- You can use the all-capital term AND to indicate that you only want results which contain both the term before the AND and the term following the AND
- Abraham AND Lincoln will return any page containing both the term Abraham and the term Lincoln, though the two terms do not need to be in order
Adobe Reader Tips
- Always make sure that you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader for the best possible experience.
- The Adobe Reader comes with some tools enabled and some hidden. The most useful tools that are already enabled are the save, print, text select, zoom, and fit-to-page.
- To enable more tools, just right-click on the Adobe toolbar, and select the tool you would like from the menu.
- We recommend that you add the snapshot tool (under the “edit” menu), the advanced search tool (under the “edit” menu) and the marquee zoom tool (under the “Select & Zoom” menu)
Always remember, if you want to get updates from our library, you can subscribe. Just fill in your email address in the side widget of our webpage and click subscribe.
Welcome to the new Bridgton Public Library website.
Don’t worry, all the previous information is still readily available for you, it’s just organized a bit differently.
Above you can use the menu system to navigate between all our pages and if you are having trouble finding something, you can use the search box on the top right hand corner.
Below the search box, we have several widgets for your convenience. We have a calendar that gives you the days events and several online resources that you may find useful.
Looking for the Library Catalog. Scroll down the page and to the right hand side you will see an image link for the catalog and other digital resources.
With our new webpage, we will post topics of interest on a regular basis and you can even subscribe to our website to get updates delivered right to your email. Just enter your email in the right sidebar widget and hit subscribe!
You can also see our October newsletter here
From all of us at the Bridgton Public Library, happy reading!