The Friends of the Bridgton Public Library thank all who participated in the Designer Coat Raffle. Director Allison Griffin drew the winning ticket today, and Diana Fallon will become the proud owner of a custom little girl’s garment, designed and donated by Ellia Manners. Ellia’s Sassy & Blue label clothing is available at the Firefly Boutique.
After many years of hard work, time and money, The Bridgton Public Library is proud to present you with our very own digital archives. The archives have the Bridgton Weekly News from 1870-2013, all meticulously scanned into PDFs for you to view and print. You can find our archives in the side widget button or under digital services. For now, just click here and have fun!
To navigate each page, use the arrow key in the top right hand corner, circled in red.
Additional help can be found on the archive site, but for your convenience we’ve put it here for you.
Building a Great Search
The easiest way to search is to simply type what you are searching for in the basic search box.
- You can enclose your search in double quote marks to indicate that your terms are part of a phrase.
- i.e. Searching for “Lincoln gives speech” would only search for pages which contain those words in that order, and not pages which contain those words in a different order, such as: ‘…gives a speech. Lincoln is a great…’
- You can use the all-capital term OR to indicate that you want results which contain at least one of the words you are searching for
- Abraham OR Lincoln will return any page with either Abraham or Lincoln
- You can use the all-capital term AND to indicate that you only want results which contain both the term before the AND and the term following the AND
- Abraham AND Lincoln will return any page containing both the term Abraham and the term Lincoln, though the two terms do not need to be in order
Adobe Reader Tips
- Always make sure that you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader for the best possible experience.
- The Adobe Reader comes with some tools enabled and some hidden. The most useful tools that are already enabled are the save, print, text select, zoom, and fit-to-page.
- To enable more tools, just right-click on the Adobe toolbar, and select the tool you would like from the menu.
- We recommend that you add the snapshot tool (under the “edit” menu), the advanced search tool (under the “edit” menu) and the marquee zoom tool (under the “Select & Zoom” menu)